1. It isn’t hot, therefore I can wear tights.
2. I can wear tights, therefore no thigh rubbing.
3. No thigh rubbing, therefore no having to discreetly walk like John Wayne into pub loos.
4. It is socially acceptable to walk along the street in a semi-foetal position with your head down, swatting at obstacles with a spiky umbrella shield. This is generally my preferred method of walking.
5. You need a hot chocolate! You MUST HAVE a hot chocolate.
6. Staring out of bus windows with your iPod in takes on a whole other dimension in the rain. You are suddenly the antagonist in a US teen drama. It is the series finale. There is a mournful indie soundtrack. A single tear rolls down your cheek. END CREDITS.